Sunday, December 12, 2010

~ -16 Below - Brrrrr.... ~

Morning temperatures + the totally crazy day yesterday = staying home this morning. I totally copped out and didn't milk this morning, let the calf have it all. Hubby was a wonderful love and did all the chores. I got lots done but still have a mountain of laundry to do. I didn't have a washer or dryer for a week because we were finishing the laundry room floor. It is heated and I think I am going to make myself a few pillows and take up residence there. Makes me wish our whole house had infloor heating.

It is highly unlikely that we will ever totally rebuild, but if we did we would totally have infloor heating. We may build a sunroom on the back and make it our bedroom and that will have infloor heating guarunteed. Of course I didn't get a chance to take a before picture. Just think concrete basement floor and there's your picture. I will post a picture when its done. I have 10 loads of laundry to fold and put away with at least 7 more to wash. That includes sheets and towels so some of it is easy folding.

This is how I make kefir cheese.
One bedroom is being share by three people even though they don't have too. It is a mess with a capital M, but they are having fun playing and have set up the way they like so I am not too eager to disrupt their fun.

My kitchen was rock'n this morning. I recharged my kombucha, fed my sourdough starter and its ready to make bread, made more yogurt, made homemade pumpkin spice yogurt cream cheese, making another batch of yogurt cream cheese, started another jar of kefir, unload a batch of dehydrated apple slices and cleaned out my fridge. What's happening in your kitchen? I need some dinner ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I don't even like hearing about all that laundry. Just thinking about it frays my nerves. I'm glad you got your floor done though. Your kitchen sounds like mine, full of "science experiments." I'm going to try your pumpkin cream cheese. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish it were done! Not quite, we still have all the tile to put in on the bathroom side and need to gout half of the laundry room side. I really needed to have the washer and dryer so we did the floor in those spaces first.

    ReplyDelete