Friday, September 4, 2015

~ My Favorite Part of Gardening ~

Is ripping the plants out! I am kidding [well, kind of, lol]. Gardening seems to be this mad dash in the spring to get all the plants in and once you do you breath a huge sigh of relief. Plants are in. Then you realize you need to keep all those plants alive and weeded until they are big enough to hold their own. Breath another sigh of relief. Holy moly, produce is now coming in faster than you can process it and you are drowning in tomatoes and zucchini and cucumbers and beans. And finally, it's the end of the season, your freezers and pantry shelves are full and you can rip all those plants out and bed down the garden for winter. Wait about three or four months and the garden bug returns with all the seeds catalogs that show up in the mailbox.

In all seriousness, I love the smell of the earth, the soil between my toes, and the peace of mind that comes with have a larder stock with really good food.






















What's your favorite part of gardening?

2 comments:

  1. Harvesting beans is my favorite part of gardening, along with cooking and eating them and shelling the pods for seed, and I have a lot more this year after adding to my garden and deciding I could grow pole beans on my deer fence. It is very sad for me when I have to rip the plants out, and difficult to rip the vines down that have gone to the top of the bamboo. You could consider entering your arrangement in the In a Vase on Monday meme, I like your amaranth heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your article on My Favorite Part of Gardening Chris Owner CEL Financial Services IRS Registered Tax Preparer Registered bonded California CTEC Tax Preparer https://incometaxprepfillmore.com

    ReplyDelete