Monday, February 21, 2011

~ Coconut Flour Pizza Crust ~

My kids love pizza but if I haven't soaked the flour for crust we can't do pizza. I found an almond flour crust that we really liked but wanted to have an alternative too. I found the coconut flour crust at Food Renegade and it worked out really well. I made some very minor changes(shown in purple).

4 pasture raised eggs 1/4 c + 1/8 c coconut flour
1/4 c organic plain whole milk yogurt
1/2 tsp pizza seasoning
1/4 tsp of garlic granules I mixed everything in the blender and then let it sit for five minutes. You have to let it sit so the coconut flour has a chance to absorb the liquid. Heat up a cast iron skillet with some coconut oil and pour out enough batter to make a 5 to 6 inch circle.

I ended up with eight crusts + a little one. I let them cool on a rack before adding toppings. I put a teaspoon of sauce on each one, finely diced a slice of uncured beef summer sausage for "pepperoni" and a handful of mozzarella cheese. I put them in the toaster oven to melt the cheese until it was bubbly and starting to brown. The kids really liked them and next time I am going to make a quadruple batch so I can have some for the freezer. This post is share at:

No comments:

Post a Comment