Sunday, July 22, 2012

~ Lasagna Casserole ~

This is so yummy and easy and cheesy, its a sure family pleaser, it was such a hit that I didn't even get to take a picture.

Brown:
1 lb of grass fed ground beef or venison
1 whole organic yellow onion
2 cloves of garlic crushed
2 tsp of coconut oil

Mix into:
1 tsp organic oregano
1 tsp real sea salt
1 tsp organic parsley
1 tsp organic sweet basil
4 cups organic tomato sauce*
1 cup diced fresh organic tomatoes
1 cup Nancy's Organic Cottage Cheese, the only cottage cheese I can find that isn't loaded with chemicals and is a reasonable price.
1 cup raw mozzarella cheese
6 cups dry mostocolli noodles, COOKED

1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese mixed with 1 cup raw grated cheddar cheese for the top.

Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. YUM!! Depending on the ages of those present at the dinner table, this would most likely feed 8 to 10 people. My 9x13 pan was heaping full!

*I didn't have tomato sauce so I used some Bionaturae Tomato paste in glass jars and water. The next time I make this I am going to use a quart of my mom's homemade spaghetti sauce and add extra veggies like fresh mushrooms, golden zucchini, and some steamed spinach.

This post is shared at:

No comments:

Post a Comment