Sunday, July 15, 2012

~ Rich Egg Bread ~

This is our favorite bread recipe. I cheat a little bit and use the breadmaker to do all the hard work on the dough setting, take the dough out and lately have been making buns with it. I find that if I make buns it is the perfect portion for my kids and we don't go through it so fast.

3 to 3 1/2 cups organic sprouted whole wheat flour
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp real sea salt
1 1/4 tsp yeast
3/4 cup warm water
2 tbsp organic coconut oil
1 large pastured egg

I simply follow the manufactures directions when adding the ingredients to my machine. I always start it mixing before I put the water in, especially the last few times because it has been so humid here. I haven't needed all the water.

When the dough setting is done on the machine, I take it out, shape it and plop it into a pan, letting it rise until double and bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

I don't use my machine for baking because it has a non-stick coating that can release fluorine gas into the food.

This post is share at:

No comments:

Post a Comment