Tuesday, October 23, 2012

~ Tomato Harvest ~



When all said and done, I canned 27 quarts of tomatoes, some as plain tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, tomato soup, and some as peach/mango salsa. I am going to be dong GAPS and tomatoes are off limits so depending on our meals, I may have to plant very few tomatoes next years. That would leave us lots of room to try out new varieties of fruits and veggies.

17 qts of spaghetti sauce
Pizza Sauce -

I canned quite a few jars of plain tomato sauce just to get them done but I think I am going to open a few of them up and make some 1/2 pint jars of pizza sauce.

2 cups thick sauce (I will have to boil down some of the liquid)
1/3 c coconut oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tbsp organic oregano
1/2 tbsp organic basil
1/2 tsp organic rosemary

Tomato Soup -
We had three pots of spaghetti sauce on the stove at once and somehow one of them turned into a better soup than sauce, so it was labeled at such.

Spaghetti Sauce - need to ask my G-ma if I can share it, it might be a secret family recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment