Saturday, March 29, 2014

~ Weekend ~

A picture of the little bit of spring that I have growing in my greenhouse. Lots of stuff popping up out there, now I just need this snow to leave.

Thursday I manage to get the barn all cleaned up, down to the frozen dirt anyway. The sheep are getting shorn either Monday or Tuesday. We picked up some oat straw today so that I can bed down the back half of the barn for them. I am getting it ready a day early because there is a chance of rain on Sunday night/Monday morning and I don't want them to be wet.
 A bit of an early birthday present to myself, lots of new reading material. Alternative Treatments I have read before but I have wanted it in my library for quite some time. I am reading Natural Sheep Care right now and it is hands down THE BEST book on sheep care that I have ever read. I plan on doing a more in depth post on it after I have read it again.

Today Jake and I went to a class on taking care of apple trees. We ordered trees from Gilby's Orchard. We first learned of Gilby's last fall on a field trip and fell in love. The kids still tell me things they learned from that field trip. We ordered ten trees and can not wait for them to come. Snow be gone! Please...we want to plant our trees.

If you are waiting for the snow to leave, what is the first thing you want to do once its gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment