Tuesday, January 19, 2010

~ Birthday Skirt ~


The little girl I babysit turned two on Saturday, so I made her a skirt using an old pair of jeans and fabric from my stash. My goal this year is to use as much of my stash as possible. Of course, it wouldn't be me if I didn't wait till the last minute to make a present so the picture was taken in the car, excuse my hubbies fingers. I find myself wishing that I could have great photo shoots of the stuff I make like some of the other really great blogs, but with homeschooling and the other 30 hours of stuff that I cram into a 24 hour day, this is just going to have to wait for now.
I used an old pair of jeans and some light yellow broad cloth and the trim and flower are scraps from a cloth bag that I made. The jewel is from a sweater that was a bit to much for me, so when one of my boys needed something to do I gave in a little scissors and told him to cut all the jewels off. There is a great tutorial from Tea Rose Home, she has some of the cutest stuff on there, I wish I had all day to sew. I plan on making one for my little girl and if you would like one for your little girl I will do custom orders.

What are you planning on up-cycling this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment