Friday, January 15, 2010

~ Cloth Grocery Bag ~

I love my cloth grocery bags. When you make or buy one cloth grocery bag, it saves the environment from eighty plastic grocery bags. Cloth bags are stronger than paper or plastic so I don't have to worry about them breaking and spilling my groceries everywhere. I also don't have room to store the plastic ones so that I can reuse them. I used to be really bad about remembering to bring them with me, but now when we come home we fold them up and put them all together and hang them on the doorknob so that them next time one of us goes out to the van we can put them back in the van for the next shopping trip.

*As soon as the clingy baby goes down for a nap I will provide links for free grocery bag patterns and announce our giveaway for this week. Typing one handed takes forever.

Okay, as I was searching for free patterns for grocery bags TipNut was the first to come up and had 35 different patterns. As I was contemplating whether I should provide one link to TipNut or 35 separate links to each bag, I decided that it would be more fun to sew a couple of the bag patterns each week and then give them away. It would be a great way to use up some of my stash and recycled fabric that is over flowing in my craft room and to help maintain my sanity by setting aside time to sew. What do you think? A Grocery Bag sew along sounds like fun, who's in? So, this weeks giveaway is for cloth grocery bags, to enter simply tell me if you use reusable grocery bags and earn one extra entry for following my blog and subscribing and two extra entries for blogging about it. Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment