Tuesday, November 30, 2010

~ Free Cloth Diaper Patterns ~

This was a post was started last February (blush...) because a few people had asked me which patterns I used for making diapers. These are just a few of the cloth diaper covers that I had sewn. My little guy turned two this past months and is almost fully potty learned, all by himself. Having five other people using the bathroom on a regular basis helps but he is one smart little cookie (if I do say so myself, hehe!)
Darling Diapers Newborn Pattern. My son is very petite so these fit him until he was a year old. I think it just depends on where you like your diapers to fall, below or above the belly button. These are the wool sweater pants that I made from a men's extra large sweater purchased at the thrift store. Paid $7 bucks for the sweater and got a huge pair of sweater pants out of it and will get at least one, if not two covers out of the body of the sweater. Score! This is Katrina's Pattern for Longies. I love this pattern, so simple. These particular ones were made for my daughter who is very petite and all her other pants were falling off of her.
My own pattern, made with two layers of fleece. Used over prefolds at night, love it.
Rita's Rump Cover made with PUL and fleece inner.
Wee Weka Side Snapping Diaper Pattern turned into a PUL cover. Katrina's Sew Quick Soaker Pattern made out of PUL and fleece for the legs and waist.
Wool crochet cover, from the Easiest Crochet Wool Soaker Pattern . Katrina's Sew Quick Soaker Pattern out of fleece. Katrina's Sew Quick Soaker Pattern from fleece. Katrina's Sew Quick Soaker Pattern from wool interlock and hand dyed. Katrina's Sew Quick Soaker Pattern made our of wool interlock, made leg casings instead and also hand dyed.
Out of all the diapers I have, I love my prefolds and wool. There is just something about natural fibers. There are other patterns out there that I have tried and not like as much. A quick google search will bring up more patterns but these are the one that I personally thought had a great fit and were easy to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment