Friday, April 15, 2011

~ Natural Parenting Blog Party ~

Joining in on the Natural Parenting Blog Party for April 15 - 30.
1.  How many children do you have, and how old are they?
     I have four children 9,7,4,2

2.  Do you have a partner, or are you a single parent?
     I have a wonderful husband.

3.  What are your “hot button” parenting issues?
     Food and how it affects our children's behavior is the number one thing I write about. Want to get my
     blood boiling, talk about the "biblical way" to "train" a child using the rod verses ignoring all original Hebrew text and its correct translation and accurate historical setting.

4.  Have you made any parenting choices that you didn't think you would make before you were a parent,  i.e. cloth diapering a child when you had previously thought it was disgusting?
     I thought baby was going to sleep in his own bed, but soon realized that sleeping with baby was the
     best and easiest way to get some sleep.

5.  Is there one book or person in particular that’s heavily influenced your parenting choices?
     no, I have recently found quite a few blogs that have helped me immensely, post will links to come

6.  If you had to describe each of your children using only one word, what word would you use?
     thoughtful, kind hearted, vivacious, and delightful

7.  Is there one parenting decision that you regret more than others and wish you could change?
     Vaccinating  and circumcision.

8.  Is there an area of your parenting you wish you were better at?
     Being consistent.

9.  Now for the fun questions – is there one particular food or type of food that you could eat every day?
     raw smoothies

10.  Vanilla ice cream or chocolate?
      homemade raw cream vanilla

11.What’s your guilty pleasure?
     organic chocolate covered tart cherries

12.If you could be part of any television show, which show would it be?
     I don't watch tv.

11 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to see you on here. :) I really wish that this were a real party--it would be so cool to get to meet so many of my favorite bloggers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from the Natural Parenting Blog Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always fun to find more Christian moms! And I agree, this would be a pretty awesome real party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "meeting" all these great natural, christian parents thru this party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homemade raw cream ice cream sounds great! I'm jealous :)

    I also never considered the idea of sleeping with my baby, until I realized that when she slept with me, she actually slept :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to have found you through the blog party. I have recently started experimenting with food on how it affects our autistic son. I look forward to learning from your blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hopped over from the NP blog party. I hear you on the consistency thing - I could really use more of that as well, but it goes out of the window when I'm tired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also never considered co-sleeping with until my 1st daughter was born I was in the hospital and SO tired but my daughter wouldn't sleep by herself. So I was fighting my sleep and my husband kept telling me to sleep with her next to me, but everything I had read about it told me I shouldn't so I refused that is until I talked to the lactation consultant and she said it was fine. Was I ever relieved.

    Where can I find more info about the Original Hebrew text for child discipline? All I have ever heard about is what it says in the bible Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to meet you through the blog party! It sounds like we have a lot in common. I probably should have included nutrition on my parenting hot buttons too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Visiting from the blog party! I love your layout! And I'd love some links to those post on the original Hebrew for rod. So many "Christians" around here use that as their reason for spanking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from the NP blog party and wondering why I did not find you sooner! We are kinda twins in our parenting approaches, nutritional lifestyle, etc... :) So glad to have found you! Will be following and cannot wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete