Thursday, November 21, 2013

~ Buckwheat Granola ~

Using this recipe here and here I made some gluten free buckwheat granola today. My husband is going to move from a weekend night shift to a day shift, so I need some easy breakfast ideas again since my spoiled self won't have him to help with breakfast.




5 cups freshly sprouted buckwheat
1 cup diced apricots and cherries combined
2.5 cup sprouted nuts, macadamias, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
1 cup sprouted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cacao nibs
1/3 cup chia seeds
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

I mixed it all together and put it in my dehydrator for about 10 hours on 150 degrees.

This turned out absolutely wonderful. The buckwheat gets crispy and crunchy. I had to hide the jar from the kids or they would have eaten in all in a few days. I also found this recipe that looks absolutely divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment