Rebecca at Renaissance is hosting Finances on Friday, a chance to share the ways you saved a penny or two this week.
* I have been saving for a rug for the living room for a year and every time I get a little stash going we end up having to spend it on something else, until this week. I spotted the clearance sticker, over half off the original price and it was perfect for out living room. The colors can't match any better.
* I do not like mowing yard. I have now manage to turn our entire front yard into raised beds and we wood chip between them. We are able to get all the free wood chips we want from the power company. The are not at all a pretty color and they often times have large twigs and such in them, but their free!
* I did my grocery shopping for the next six weeks utilizing Costco and Azure Standards. For the seven of us I spent roughly $550 and there is a bit left over for more fresh produce when we run out.
* I was able to get all of the hanging baskets I have planted ahead of time so that they will have a nice head start when it's warm enough to put them out. Hanging baskets can cost $15+. All the seeds I used I had left from last year.
*Washed up all the winter clothes and put all the really heavy items (carharts) to hang dry.
* Used recycled boxes and lumber we all ready had to build my potato boxes. Square foot gardening + vertical gardening for the win!
*Found free photo editing software that has been a ton of fun to play with.
* Was able to borrow a serger from a friend so that I can take all of the worn our flannel sheets and create a bunch of "paper" towels, more cloth baby wipes and trim down the toddler prefolds.
All in all it was a pretty good week around here. Have any money saving tips to share?