Saturday, April 12, 2014

~ Simple Saturdays ~


Super easy and fast, a protein rich way to start the day. We pair a small cup of granola with an egg of some kinds and sometimes nitrate free bacon or sausage. Note that I used sprouted gluten free oats and soaked and dehydrated nuts to increase the digestibility.

1 cup each of almonds, cashews, pecans, and walnuts (I ran mine through the hand chopper)
2 cups of oats
1/4 chia seeds
1/2 raw cacao nibs
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup of coconut sugar
drizzle of maple syrup

Set oven for 350*

Mix altogether. I just let the coconut oil melt in the oven for a few minutes and then stir it. I don't like making extra dishes if I don't have to. Check every five to ten minutes and stir when the top is starting to get a lovely golden brown. When evenly brown, remove from oven and let cool.

Shared at Simple Saturday Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment